Over 5% of the world’s population, according to the World Health Organisation has some form of disability. This makes it difficult for them to access online content. To avoid unintentionally excluding anyone from accessing the websites we build we keep various key principles in mind when building pages.
Our web page builder-of-choice is Elementor, and the team have recently published an article that goes into a deep dive of things that need to be considered. Digital accessibility needs to be at the core and not just an afterthought. The article covers User Experience (UX), along with 4 topics that designers and business owners should understand as well as how accessibility protects you from potential legal issues.
Read the full article from Elementor which covers:
- What web accessibility is
- Why design for web accessibility
- Web accessibility standards
- Content should be perceivable
- The User Interface should be operable
- Content should be understandable
- Web pages and content should work on all modern browsers
- How to understand web accessibility success rates