Acuity Scheduling is the weapon of choice for savvy business people who are looking for a competitive edge and a robust system to organise their busy operations. The development team have extended the functionality of the scheduler to also include an e-Commerce facility.
Now your clients can buy products, packages and gift vouchers. Here’s a detailed ‘how to’ taken from the Acuity Scheduling site that explains not just what is possible but how it’s done.
Setting up a Package
Appointment packages allow clients to pay for a several appointments at once. So if you’d like to offer a promotion like “5 appointments for the price of 4”, that’s doable with an appointment package!
Within the Business Settings > Packages & Gift Certificates section create a new appointment package by:
- Title and price your package, with the option to add an image and description.
- Check the “Hidden?” box if you’d like to keep the package private. All packages created will display in your store for clients to purchase, but if you’d like to keep a package private for admin use, or to share with a specific client, you’ll want to keep the package hidden.
- Give your package an expiration date (optional).
- Designate the appointment types the package can be applied towards and the total number of appointments the package can be redeemed for, or, the total amount of appointment minutes the package can be redeemed for.
After clients purchase a package they’ll see the package code that’s been generated, and they’ll be emailed the code as well, which they’ll use on your scheduling page to redeem for their appointments.
Want to offer a printable gift certificate? Edit a package and check “Gift Certificate” to include a link to view and print a gift certificate. This is included on the confirmation page after purchasing, in the confirmation e-mail to them, and you can also look it up for a client by viewing their past order. This way clients can buy an appointment gift certificate from your store.
Client Purchasing a Package
Clients will go to your online store to purchase packages. You can get to this through the “View Products/Packages” link at the top of your client’s scheduling page. You can also embed your online store separately on your website, underBusiness Settings > Packages & Gift Certificates in Acuity click “Direct Link” in the upper right to view the code to embed.
After a client purchases a package from your online store, or purchases a gift certificate, a code will be generated for the client to redeem for appointments and also a link for them to schedule their appointments. That code is needed to redeem their appointments and is included both on the final receipt page after purchasing and in the e-mail along with a link to schedule the appointment in both.
When they redeem their code towards an appointment, it will deduct that appointment from the balance of their package. So after the client has used up all appointments on their code, their code will become invalid and they’ll need to purchase another appointment package, or individual appointments on your scheduling page.
The team at Acuity Scheduling have made some recent improvements:
Several new changes make it even easier for clients to use codes and for you as the admin to manage them:
- Now when using “Add Code” to manually generate a code you can assign it to any email address. This will show the email in the list of codes so you can see easier who you generated it for.
- Clients can enter an email address in the code field, instead of needing to have the exact random code, to redeem a certificate. So if you assign a code to someone’s email address they can just enter that email address when booking.
- When clients are scheduling an appointment they can now enter a code on the second page right before paying. This will also remind them if they have any codes they can redeem for this appointment based on the email address they entered.
- Individual codes can be edited within a package or gift certificate and change:
- The expiration date for that individual code.
- How many appointments the code can be redeemed for.
- Which client the code is assigned to.
If you are interested in giving Acuity Scheduling a try use this link and sign up for a 14 Day Trial. The guys have an awesome support team to handle any technical questions that you may have. If you need any local assistance I’d be happy to speak with you as well.
If you don’t have time to set things up yourself drop me a message via the web form.[contact-form][contact-field label=’Name’ type=’name’ required=’1’/][contact-field label=’Email’ type=’email’ required=’1’/][contact-field label=’Website’ type=’url’/][contact-field label=’Comment’ type=’textarea’ required=’1’/][/contact-form]